WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Monday, May 28, 2012

The Empty Bottle


Sometimes, I feel like those great ships, you know. Able to go anywhere across the seas. Limitless. Invincible. And never looking back.
But the more I think about it, the more I realize the whole thing is just a lie.  
Because my great ship is actually stuck in a bottle. A huge one. And even if it gives me the illusion of infinity, at the end, the barriers are still there, more real than ever. 
Barriers.
Tennessee Williams once said: “Don’t look forward to the day you stop suffering, because when it comes you’ll know you’re dead”.
 But the grief is so present, so strong, that I can’t feel the pain anymore. It is part of me. 
My aunt once told me I have a lake of sadness on the inside. And this lake may come from a lack.
I think she’s right. And I think everyone has his own lake.
It remains to find what is our lack. And do our best to fill it.
And so, maybe, the ship will leave the bottle. Someday.

It's been three years already,
I love You to Death and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment