WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hitchcock's Definition of Happiness




“A clear horizon. Nothing to worry about, on your plate. Only things that are creative, and not destructive. Well, that’s within yourself. Within me I can’t bare quarreling I can’t bare feelings between people. I think hatred is wasted energy. And it’s all nonproductive. I’m very sensitive. A sharp word said by say a person who has a temper, if they’re close to me, hurts me for days. I know we’re only human, we do go in for these various emotions, call them negative emotions but when all these are removed and you can look forward and the road is clear ahead and now you’re going to create something. I think that’s as happy as I would ever want to be.”
-Alfred Hitchcock


My definition:
Happiness can be found in the smallest things.
A look. A smile. A word. A touch. A scent.
Happiness is a choice. You choose to be happy.
It's within yourself. It will always be something unique to you alone, and completely different to the next person.
I don't believe in Happiness. I believe in moments.
Happiness is those moments in life when you actually feel complete.



Love,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment