WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Monday, May 7, 2012

Music Monday: Foster The People


Well, I  was in Paris last weekend to see Foster The People performing at the Bataclan.
I've followed this band since 2010, after Pumped Up Kicks' release, and it slowly became one of my favorite bands. I couldn't miss the opportunity to see them live. So my sister bought me their concert tickets as a gift for Christmas.

And what a gig! It was DOPE. A band I've never heard of before that night was opening for them. It's called Mini Mansions and you can check it out here. Pretty cool band.

Here are the music videos of FTP live performance. Put on playlist mode and see the awesomeness by yourself.


For those of you who still don't know who Foster The People are... shame on you! JK. But since I'm super nice and in a great mood, I'm gonna enlighten you.
FTP is an indie rock trio who make atmospheric, psychedelic, (and other ending in "-ic" adjectives) dance-oriented pop. Formed in LA in 2009, the band features keyboardist/vocalist Mark Foster, bassist Jacob "Cubbie" Fink, and drummer Mark Pontius. Two musicians, Isom Innis and Sean Cimino, also tour with the band (you can see 5 people on stage, so don't worry you don't have any vision problem).
In 2011, the band released its full-lenght debut album, Torches, available on iTunes and Amazon.


After the show, we joined up with the band at LE TIGRE by l'Alternative where they're planning to DJ till dawn.

Don't need to tell you it was one of the best night of my life so far. I can now cross one more thing off my Bucket List.

LaLaLove,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment