WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spirit of the Child



"The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which mean never losing your enthusiasm."
-Aldous Huxley


Yesterday I received my first Charlie Daily Mail and I was so excited about it I've just stopped doing everything I was doing in order to read it. And it was so inspiring I've wanted to share with you Huxley's secret of genius, which has become mine too.


The "spirit of the child", the "enthusiasm", is to DARE TO DREAM. I think you tend to forget that - with age comes wisdom as they say, so you become more fearful about the consequences of your acts. The sparkle of madness fades away as you forget what is deep inside your heart.


Youth is madness. Madness is genius. And genius is Love.
So everybody is a genius, you just have to follow your heart.


Don't forget your youth growing old sweet angels. 

You might need it along the way.


Love,
XO


P.S: YMandCharlie have chosen my article for today's Charlie Daily Mail. I'm so flattered!
P.P.S.: And they've posted my translation of Charles Baudelaire's poem. Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment