WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Music Monday: Of Monsters and Men

The first time I've heard of Of Monsters and Men was last February, when they followed me on Twitter. Being my curious self, I checked their official website and I knew right away I'd come across something special.


Of Monsters and Men is a six piece indie folk/indie pop Icelandic band whose debut album My Head Is an Animal is full of love and joy. Just in time for Spring!
And if you like Arcade Fire, Mumford and Sons, and Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros, you'll certainly enjoy listening to Of Monsters and Men. I know I do.

'Little Talks' - Of Monsters and Men


'Sloom' - Of Monsters and Men


'King and Lion heart' (Live from Music Hall of Williamsburg) 


You can find more songs on Youtube, the album is not available yet on iTunes. Or you can also try Spotify or Soundcloud.

Love,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment