WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Music Monday: Young the Giant

                     
Well, the sweet summery sound of Young the Giant reminds me of Tunisia, when it was like eternal summer for my friends and I. One night, we were all lying on the beach, roasting marshmallows in bonfire, when one of them played a wonderful tune through his phone. And when I wanted to check out the band's name, it wasn't mentioned and nobody knew it. 
Since then, I've been looking for Young the Giant without knowing neither its name nor any title of song, and by a stroke of luck I found them while browsing through Youtube a while ago - Oh dear Youtube, how much I love you! 
Young the Giant is an American alternative rock band formed in California in 2004 and released its eponymous debut album, Young the Giant, in 2010.

'I Got' (in The Opening Session)

'Strings' (in The Opening Session)

'My Body' (Official Video)

'Cough Syrup' (Official Video)

'Every Little Thing' (in The Open Session)

'Apartment' (Official Video)

Splash of sun,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment