WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Music Monday: Au Revoir Simone

Unfortunately, I couldn't post the third Music Monday of the month because I have taken a social media break for two weeks.
So today I'd like to share with you my love for a Brooklyn all-girl trio, Au Revoir Simone, whose synth-pop music makes me feel like I'm wandering in a dream.


"Au Revoir Simone must have beamed in from a land where lace clouds breeze over crystal lakes and icicles grow from the warm earth. This New York three-piece's glorious synth-lead alt-folk will leave you crying on the stairs in the middle of the night" - NME Radar

FYI, the band's name comes from a line Pee-wee Herman says in Tim Burton's movie, Pee-wee's Big Adventure - and since I adore Tim Burton, this is the cherry on top of my cake ;)

'Sad Song' - Au Revoir Simone

'The Lucky One' - Au Revoir Simone

'Through the Backyards' - Au Revoir Simone

'Another Likely Story' - Au Revoir Simone

More informations on their official website!

With love,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment