WE CANNOT POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT WILL MANIFEST IN OUR LIVES. WE LIVE AND HAVE EXPERIENCES AND LEAVE PEOPLE WE LOVE AND GET LEFT BY THEM. PEOPLE WE THOUGHT WOULD BE WITH US FOREVER AREN’T AND PEOPLE WE DIDN’T KNOW WOULD COME INTO OUR LIVES DO. OUR WORK HERE IS TO KEEP FAITH WITH THAT, TO PUT IT IN A BOX AND WAIT. TO TRUST THAT SOMEDAY WE WILL KNOW WHAT IT MEANS, SO THAT WHEN THE ORDINARY MIRACULOUS IS REVEALED TO US WE WILL BE THERE, GRATEFUL FOR THE SMALLEST THINGS.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Things That Annoy ME: My OCD

Actually, I can live with my OCD, but I think my friends are starting to hate me because of them.
JK. Everybody loves me. ...what? Even God cannot change the truth (high five Michael Levy!). 


FYI, Obsessive-compulsive disorders (OCD) are disorders characterized by persistent, intrusive, and senseless thoughts (obsessions) or compulsions to perform repetitive behaviors that interfere with normal functioning.


Well, we talked about my OCD during the week, and that's what came out:


K. (my best friend): It's a part of you that I perfectly respect. And I don't think you "over-cleans" your house or yourself, it's just that you do things VERY slowly and that's what makes me angry. All I hope is that it doesn't get the upper hand in your life.


Noun's (her cousin): Myriam and The War against Grime! She's very fussy about cleanliness. This obsession involves morning/night skin care rituals, one to three showers a day, not to mention the harassment suffered by her poor little sister who has the misfortune to be one of us "normal" people (and by "normal" she means messy). No need to tell you her life ends if everything isn't done perfectly. How can you face the outside world without moisturizer? Myriam stopped counting the days spent scrubbing, scouring, washing, wiping, dusting... She turned pro in the art of housekeeping!


My mom: What's up with you OCD?? Look, I'm on call at the hospital today. And I'm rather angry right now so...


Josy (a family friend): Is talking to yourself an OCD? 'Cause I caught you doing that a lot lately. It's quite amusing. Is there a cure for that? Like seeing a shrink, maybe? I don't know. You're funny.


My "poor" little sister: You're annoying! I mean, you don't even let people sit on your bed! You're like "you have germs and whatever! GET. OFF. MY. BED." You almost cried the other day. It's crazy! And you have this effing obsession with your hair: you always think it looks greasy even though you washed it the day before and it's gorge as usual! Also, STOP telling me to clean my room... It won't make me clean it any sooner ya know. It's MY room not yours, for eff's sake!


Conclusion: My future shrink may have a lot of things to deal with.


Good luck with that crazy annoying little Mis clean it all,
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment